We are proud that our own Charlie Rysenga was invited to participate in the 2014 Chicago Yacht Club’s Race to Mackinac this weekend.
This is Charlie’s second year participating in the race. Charlie taught himself how to sail in high school (wow!) and started racing in college with the Michigan Technological University Sailing team.
This year marks the 106th Race to Mackinac, a 333-mile race from Chicago to Mackinac Island, Michigan. Charlie’s team will be sailing a 33’ Reynolds catamaran called Double Time. He describes the boat as “basically a big trampoline between two 33’ hulls.”
To learn more about this very cool event, go to www.cycracetomackinac.com.
To follow Charlie’s progress on Double Time, go to http://us.yb.tl/chicagomack2014.
- Utilizing Engineering Studies to Deliver Crucial Insights and Find Solutions for Manufacturers Across the Country
- Engineering Study to Develop a Vial Dispense and Testing Solution
- Creating Opportunities for Patti Engineering to Strengthen Team Culture
- Spotlight: Our Kettering University Students
- Kettering University Names Terrace in Patti Engineering's Honor