Sam Hoff, president of Patti Engineering (http://www.pattieng.com) was quoted in a recent Control Design article written by Dan Herbert, PE, Control Design Senior Technical Editor.
The article titled “An Undeniable Impact, Ethernet and Its Variants Shape the Terrain of the Industrial World”, sorts through the confusion of multiple wireless technologies, many Ethernet protocols, several instrument buses and different device buses options, adding order to chaos.In the discrete manufacturing automation sector, wireless is used primarily for monitoring as opposed to real-time control applications.
“Wireless makes it easier to communicate between devices when it’s often not practical and/or feasible to run a hard-wired communications cable,” says Sam Hoff, president of Patti Engineering. The article is very informative. The sheer multitude of options can be baffling to standards makers, OEMs and end users.
- Upgrading from SIMATIC S5 to S7 Controllers
- Construction Equipment Maker Enhances Quality with SIMATIC UHF RFID, Boosting Safety and Investment Returns
- Patti Engineering CEO Sam Hoff to Lead Expert Panel Discussion About Digitalization at CSIA Executive Conference in Denver
- Are You Ready for the Future of Your Production Line?
- Abby Engle: Kettering University Co-op